National News

Man in custody for punching actor Steve Buscemi in Manhattan: Authorities

todayMay 17, 2024

Background

amphotora/Getty Images

(NEW YORK) — A 50-year-old man has been taken into custody for allegedly assaulting actor Steve Buscemi on a New York City street earlier this month, authorities said.

Buscemi was walking down the street just before noon on May 8 when he was punched in the face, suffering bruising, swelling and bleeding to his left eye, according to the NYPD.

Clifton Williams, who was identified as a suspect earlier in the week, was taken into custody in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood Friday afternoon, authorities said. The officers were responding to a harassment call of a man yelling at people when they realized the suspect was Williams, authorities said.

A representative for Buscemi said the 66-year-old “Boardwalk Empire” star “is ok and appreciates everyone’s well wishes.”

Buscemi, a native of Brooklyn, has starred in movies such as “Reservoir Dogs,” “Fargo” and “Armageddon.” He also has one Emmy win and eight nominations for his TV work.
 

Copyright © 2024, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Written by:

Similar posts

National News

David DePape found guilty in state trial over Paul Pelosi attack

Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images(BERKELEY, Calif.) -- A California jury has found David DePape guilty on all charges in the state trial over the hammer attack against Paul Pelosi, following his federal conviction for the 2022 assault, prosecutors said.The jury began deliberations Tuesday afternoon in San Francisco, with the court dark on […]

todayJune 22, 2024


CONTACTS

ABOUT

WMEX Boston can be heard at 1510 AM, and 101.1 FM. Playing the greatest hits from 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and more!

SPONSORS

0%